For some, standing can cause back pain. One reason for this is that the lower back muscles are chronically contracting when they don’t need to be. Here is a quick and easy way to turn the activity of those muscles down.
- Place your hands on your lower back and take note of how hard the muscles feel.
- The start to push your hips forwards a bit. You should feel the muscles feel softer.
- Also take note of your head position. It may be sticking forward more than it needs to be. Imagine someone is grabbing a hair, on the top of your head and pulling up.
- Now you are in a position which allows for the lower back muscles to not have to be as active. Less energy is needed and therefore the muscles won’t fatigue as much throughout your day.
- It’s likely you will deviate from this position and that is alright. Our body isn’t meant to stay static for too long. Just take note throughout the day of trying to turn these muscles down more. You should find
Originally posted 2018-07-25 13:23:05.