Here is a response from the Evidence Based Chiropractor regarding Joe Rogan’s negative experience with Chiropractic care.
Response to Joe Rogan
I would also like to point out that many findings on MRI are non-symptomatic. Approximately, thirty percent of 30 year olds, 40% of 40 year olds have disc herniations, 50% in 50 year olds, etc, have disc herniations. This doesn’t mean that those disc herniations are surgical by any means.
Conservative care is the first way to go when it comes to disc herniations:
- Continuing to be active. Walking is often tolerated by many.
- Discovering what movements or positions help reduce the intensity, size of area of pain is often helped so can control the pain
- Discovering what movements/positions make things worse so you don’t continue to aggravate the problem.
- Joint mobilizations and chiropractic manipulations/adjustments
- Progressively loading the back/neck as tolerated at the appropriate time during the healing process
A patient may be considered a candidate for spinal surgery if, after an adequate course of conservative care:
- Back and leg pain limits normal activity or affects quality of life
- Worsening arm/leg weakness and/or numbness
- Loss of normal bowel and bladder functions
- Difficulty standing or walking
- Medication and conservative care are ineffective
- The patient is in reasonably good health
Winnipeg’ s only Chiropractor/Athletic Therapist
Originally posted 2017-07-05 12:32:59.